Why am I having poor streaming performance?
There might be several reasons if your video stream is losing some frames. It could be related to hardware or storage issues, a poor network connection, or a too high video bitrate. Please consider the following advice:
- Close all running programs that are not directly related to your show.
- Check your internet speed by using an online internet speed tool, such as Speedtest.Net. We recommend the use of a wired internet connection to avoid any disconnects. If your upload speed is less than 5mbps, you might not be able to stream properly.
- Additionally, you can adjust your network settings within your streaming software by going to:
- Settings > Advanced > Network > Choose the option “Dynamically change bitrate to manage congestion”.
- Reduce your video bitrate to no less than 1000kbps. We recommend setting this to 2500kbps.
- You can set it up by going to Settings > Output > Video bitrate in your streaming software.
- If any of this doesn't help, try rebooting your computer.