In this article, we show you how to use Advanced Streaming to successfully stream your show by using Streamlabs OBS on your computer.
Installing Streamlabs on your computer
To stream on Sessions through your desktop, you will need to download the Streamlabs OBS streaming program to your computer. You can download the appropriate version to your system by visiting the Streamlabs download page.
When asked if you want to connect to other platforms, press “Skip”.
Setting your audio and video sources in Streamlabs
Select "Skip" when Streamlabs asks you to choose a Theme.
Once your camera and microphone are connected, they will be automatically recognized by Streamlabs.
These devices are considered "Sources" and need to be added to Streamlabs to build a "Scene". Select the default “Scene” and add a source by clicking the “+” sign in the pane labeled “Sources”.
Select "Video Capture Device" if you're adding a camera, or "Audio Input Device" if it's a mic. Then click “Add Source”.
Lastly, resize and edit the "Preview Pane" in the main Streamlabs interface to adjust how you're gonna be seen by your audience.
Connecting Streamlabs to Sessions
Now you will connect Streamlabs to the Sessions servers. Visit your Advanced Streaming Panel to grab the Server URL and the Stream Key of your account. Never share these codes with anybody else.
1. Select the settings icon in Streamlabs
2. Select “Stream” on the left panel
3. Change the "Stream Type" option to "Custom Stream Server"
4. Copy the URL from the Advanced Streaming Panel and paste it into the URL section in Streamlabs
5. Copy the Stream Key from the Advanced Streaming Panel and paste it into the Stream Key section in Streamlabs
6. Select “Done”
7. Click on the “Advanced” menu option in the left-hand panel, then scroll down until you see “Network”
8. Ensure that the "Dynamically change bitrate when dropping frames while streaming” option is selected
9. Finish this off by clicking “Done” to save the changes
Launching your stream
Now that everything's set up, you just need to start your show by following these steps:
In the Streamlabs software
Click the green "Go Live" button near the bottom right corner of the Streamlabs interface.
In your Advanced Streaming Panel
1. You should be seeing your video in the smaller "Preview pane". Click the blue "Go Live" button right underneath it.
2. Once you see your video feed appear in the bigger "Online pane", you can know you're already live and streaming on Sessions.
Ending your stream
To end your stream, you just need to click "Stop Streaming" in the Artist Panel (below the Preview pane), "End Stream" in the Streamlabs software, and finally "End Show" in the Artist Panel (below the Online pane).
To learn more about this feature, check the Advanced Streaming help articles by clicking here.