In this article, we show you how to change your Instagram account to a Creator account. Your account needs to match that category if you want to have posts promoted by third-party partners such as us. If you want to follow an interactive guide to this same process, please check out the following Interactive Form: Post Boosting - How to Create an Instagram Creator Account.
Switching to an Instagram Creator Account
1. Go to your Instagram profile and tap the "Menu" icon in the upper right corner.
2. Click "Settings".
3. Tap "Account".
4. Scroll down and tap "Switch to Professional Account", then tap "Continue" through the informational slides.
5. Select a category and tap "Done".
6. Tap "Creator" and then "Next".
7. Having a Facebook Page linked to your Instagram account is necessary to be able to run ads on Instagram. You won't be able to use the Sessions Post Boosting feature without a Facebook Page linked.
If you already have a Facebook page linked to your Instagram account, this screen will not be displayed to you. You can skip ahead to the next step.
If you don't have a Facebook page linked to your account, you'll be asked to log into Facebook to create this connection.
8. The following steps are all optional. For now, you can tap "X" in the top right corner to return to your profile.
9. This is all you need to do to change your Instagram account to a Creator account! If you need help creating a "branded post", check the following Help Article: "How can I set Sessions as Business Partner in my Instagram post?".